Week Two: Vampires; Interview with the Vampire (6points)

 

Before I even begun to read Anne Rices’ The Interview with a Vampire my mother warned me about how her writings might alarm me, and boy was she not wrong!  Anne’s romantic and graphic writing pulled my heart strings, I will admit that I am a sucker for novels like this.  I loved how when reading the novel you really understood Louis emotional nature and how he resisted being the typical vampire.  Especially when caring for Claudia.  I loved how all the relationships within the novel came through and showcased each and every character’s personality.  Lestat’s personality showcased himself to be a charming yet mulnipulative character towards Louis.  I came to dislike Lestat’s character When Lestat guilt tripped Louis to not leave when he turned Claudia into a vampire.  Claudia was better off dying as she was, but instead she has her life put on pause and became a vampire.  In the end both Lestat and Louis were the villain, I don’t blame Claudia for acting the way she was in the novel, being stuck within a child’s body and only growing up as a woman in her mind would of also drove me insane.  It was extremely unsettling to see Claudia become the way she did, she dreamed of becoming a woman but could not due to her state as a vampire.  Although her death was not by choice, I do believe it did release her from her ever longing desire and pain. The novel itself was a trip and I loved every second of it.

Comments

Popular Posts