Week Four: The Weird; Annihilation (6 Pts)


For this week's topic I read Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer.  The Novel in all honestly was one of the finest reads I’ve experienced thus far.  I was enthralled within the development of the rising action and the thrilling effect of the plot.  I thought it was unique for the author to not include names of the characters and only titles of they’re positions.  Without the information including names and backgrounds of each character helped me not feel the need to be attached to any particular character except our main protagonist whose journey we experience within Area X. 


The farther I continued to read the novel the more intriguing the mysterious plot became.  Like I stated before, the lack of information and detailed descriptions within the mission drew me in.  I felt like a detective within the story trying to unravel the mystery.  The immense suspicion between each character and the development of the plot was very much enthralled by the lack of character details, which had me hooked, you begin to question yourself “who would I trust?”   The unknown horror and mystery crept up upon me as we dived further into the novel.  The reader questions what is real or not.  Not knowing what the possibilities and answers are is the biggest fear we all have.  Just as the Biologist, we question the weather what we’ve known to be life has been real, and who exactly can we trust.  Are we willing to risk our lives to believe any council, any higher power among us? 

Comments

Popular Posts